Home
Alumni Database
Alumni News
Class Reunions
Fight Song
Message Board
School History
Photo Gallery
Donations
Officers & Board
Committees
By-Laws & Articles
CCHS Administration
CC Links
Contact Us

Columbia City High School
Alumni Association

600 N. Whitley St.
Columbia City, Indiana 46725

(260) 244-6136, Ext. 3227


History of Columbia City High School

Trivia Question:   Before being named "Eagles," what were the CCHS athletic teams called?

Answer:  The Wolves," according to the 1911 yearbook.  It is unknown when they were named "Eagles" but there is one mention of the football team "Eagles" in the 1932 "Columbian."  The "Fight Song" referring to the teams as "Eagles" premiered in 1935.  Anyone who knows, please contact the webmaster.  Thanks.

 

In 1926 a two-story addition was built on the west side of CCHS.  It included classrooms, an auditorium with balcony & gymnasium.  The addition bears the name Marshall Memorial Hall in stone on its west side and was known as the Marshall Memorial building and annex.

 

The Band Building was added in 1936:

Devol Field looking north to U.S. 30 in 1937:

 

Trivia Question:  What year was the first all night prom held?  Answer & more history

2005 Columbia City High School Alumni Association         This page last updated 09/06/2013